Monday, 12 November 2012

Hanging Plants Turned On Their Head

Hanging plants are the perfect gift. In high school, a friend and I gave a boy a hanging plant for his 16th birthday, we thought we were hilarious and 'so random'. I also once suggested to a friend she gift a hanging plant to her upset boyfriend. How can you continue to be sad if someone hands you a fern in a basket, is all I'm saying.

I'm sure Kiwi founded company Boskke were thinking along the same lines when they came up with this pretty ridiculous/amazing idea called the Sky Planter.


The upside-down planters save floor space, conserve water, purify the air, improve your health and help cook your dinner! They are a great way to grow herbs in your kitchen without taking up precious bench space. 

Boskke believe in evolved garden design. They recognise that the world's urban spaces are continually expanding and becoming more densely populated, they want living with plants in big cities to be easy, functional and good-looking. And I know what you're thinking, looks messy, but the soil doesn't fall out! A Boskke Sky Hanger comes with a nifty ceramic collar which fits around the stem of the plant, locking everything into place. 


Sky Hangers are available around the world, check out stockists here. If you're in Sydney, keep an eye out for my next post and I shall let you know how you can get your green thumbs on some of these gravity defying pots in the lead up to Christmas. 

Life's a garden, dig it. 




2 comments:

  1. No shit, I nearly bought one of these in Brooklyn and the sales assistant was rude to me so i put it back and angrily walked out, but they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete