Blank is the new black. Less is more. Mini is the new super-size.
These are all catch-phrases I'm sure online designer homewares store The Minimalist would run with (I give them my full permission) (I can't claim these as my own). However they have decided to go with:
Don't buy less, buy better.
HA HA. Because obviously buying in a minimal fashion is bad for business. So buy minimally-fashioned items, but buy
The Minimalist has some so-hip-it-hurts bits & pieces you really should be strategically placing around your home if you want your cool friends to visit more often. Cool people don't like clutter, Freecycle that shit already!
Example 1: Handmade sacks to hide your scungy undies.
Example 2: Designer light bulbs, regular light bulbs are so 5 minutes ago.
Example 3: A vase which resembles a scrunchy piece of paper, much like those German poems I composed but in a fit of writer's frustration/creative agony then tossed into the bin. Just kidding.
The Minimalist also stock the previously mentioned Sky Planters, upside-down hanging pots of plant, or, the best conversation starter since that canvas of a naked lady your mum bought and claimed was of her. My mum did.
If you are in Sydney during December you will have the opportunity to touch, feel and purchase their range of amazing home, decoration and gift options. The Minimalist Pop-Up Store will be open at blank_space (374 Crown St, Surry Hills) from December 12 - 27th.
This one will get a chuckle and subsequent sigh from any friend who knows the perils of job hunting in the creative industries. Support good design this Christmas.

I am buying one. This is awesome.
ReplyDelete